An Artist Getaway in Occidental California is a painting vacation in the coastal redwood forest. Occidental is a small town nestled in Northern California beauty. In Occidental we stay at the Occidental Hotel and paint en plein air, The Russian River, Bodega Bay and the Sonoma Coast are only ten scenic miles away. We will go to a location each day as a group to paint and meet at 5 pm back at the hotel around the pool to for painting sharing and discussion.
In Murphys we go up to the Stanislaus River and paint in town. The Murphys Suites has a meeting room where we can paint together indoors too. There will be scheduled places to caravan to as a group and of course everyone is free to do anything they like during our time on an Artist Getaway. These are trips for all levels of artists, beginner to expert and we learn from experience and from each other in a casual and relaxing setting. There's no formal instruction, just artists having fun painting in the open air together.
Half Moon Bay has the Fitzgerald Marine Reserve, Pillar Point Harbor and lots of great beaches we are discovering every time we go. It's close to the Bay Area and perfect for a 3 night painting trip. We stay at the Half Moon Bay Lodge on Rt 1 just two miles south of Main Street. All of the locations are where the beautiful views are very near the parking areas so there's no hiking unless you really want to!
Occidental, the Sonoma Coast
Paint the Russian River at Casini Ranch Campground, and the coast along Hwy 1. 3 nights
2019 spring dates to be announced
An Artist Getaway is a painting vacation. Here's what's included:
There's no instruction included in an Artist Getaway vacation. We meet each evening and view our paintings and you can invite comments from the other artist if you'd like.
- Hotel room
- Welcome reception on the first evening with wine and cheese, samples of art merchandise, schedule of painting locations and name tags.
- Each day we go as a group to scheduled, scenic, easily accessible locations to paint.
- Each evening we get together and look at our paintings and discuss.
- On the last evening we have a fun and casual vote for our favorite paintings and one or two winners receive a ribbon and a prize of art merchandise donated by our favorite companies. See a list of them on artistgetaway.com under links / prizes.
An Artist Getaway Workshop includes:
There's no hotel room included in an Artist Getaway Workshop.
- An award winning artist's instruction.
- Easily accessable plein air locations.
- Coffee and bagels in the morning.
- Full days of painting, usually between 9 or 10 am to about 4 pm.
- Half hour lunch break from 12:30 to 1.
- The workshop instructor will give a demo in the morning and then one on one advice and instruction throughout the day.
ARTIST GETAWAY, INC.
PO BOX 20214
EL SOBRANTE, CA 94820-0214
Site design Samantha McNally
© copyright Artist Getaway, Inc. All rights reserved.
Murphys, the Sierra Foothills
Paint the Stanislaus River and White Pines Lake. 3 nights
2019 spring dates to be announced.
Half Moon Bay, the Pacific Coast
Paint in Half Moon Bay at Redondo Beach and Poplar Beach. 3 nights
October 21-24, 2018 register here